Their exceptional quality and reliability has made MegaFlows a popular choice.
MegaFlo Repairs in London
Megaflo is a well-known and respected brand in the heating and plumbing industry. It is important to know what to expect if you require repairs or services. In this blog post, we will provide you with information about Megaflo repairs and services. We will discuss the different types of repairs and services available and the benefits of choosing Megaflo.
What Is Megaflo?
Megaflo is a brand of heating and plumbing products, including boilers, radiators, and water heaters. It has been in business for over 50 years and has a solid reputation in the industry.
Megaflo is an unvented hot water cylinder used in an unvented hot water system. Because the boiler is fed directly from the mains, there is no need for a cold water storage tank. Megaflo cylinders are available in a variety of sizes.
You've probably got one if your cylinder is labelled on the front with a Megaflo. Although there are minor variations between models, our heating professionals are well-versed in reading the manufacturer's instructions for each model to ensure that they do not overlook any crucial distinctions. To receive the services of an expert, you don't need to know what kind of system you have.
What Are the Advantages of Megaflo?
The major benefit of this boiler type is that it generates excellent hot water pressure; there should be little variation in the hot and cold lines in this respect. Another advantage of Megaflo units compared to other unvented cylinders is that they all need to include space for the water to expand after heating. Even so, Megaflo employs an internal expansion vessel which takes up less space than a separate, external expansion tank.
This also has the advantage of being able to be sited away from the boiler so that you can place it in a more convenient location. Megaflo cylinders come with a ten-year warranty as standard.
What Are the Disadvantages of Megaflo?
Even though Megaflo is a well-respected and reliable brand, there are some disadvantages to using this boiler. Here are some of the common faults that can occur:
- Leaking from the expansion vessel. This can cause water to drip from the bottom of the cylinder and over-pressurise the system, leading to a dangerous situation.
- Faulty immersion heater. This can cause the cylinder to overheat and potentially explode.
- Leaking from the temperature and pressure relief valve. This can cause water to drip from the top of the cylinder.
- Leaking from the drain tap. This can cause water to drip from the side of the cylinder.
- A clogged line strainer/filter. It slows down or interrupts the water flow.
- The water pressure has dropped below the required level, forcing the pressure-reducing valve to open and release the trapped air.
If you notice any of these faults, it is important to call a qualified heating engineer to repair your boiler as soon as possible.
Megaflo Repairs and Services
To ensure that your Megaflo boiler runs efficiently and safely, it is important to have it serviced regularly. Megaflo recommends that you have your boiler serviced every 12 months by a qualified heating engineer. During a service, the engineer will check for any potential problems and carry out any necessary repairs.
The annual service usually includes:
- Check and reset the cylinder thermostat.
- Cleaning the mains water line strainer/filter
- Check the function of the pressure/temperature relief valve.
- Re-pressurise the expansion vessel or replace it if needed.
- Check to see whether the pressure-reducing valve is working.
- Take the temperature of the water at each outlet and calculate its hot water flow rate.
- To preserve a warranty, you must certify your service history.
The technician will inspect the condition of all system components, such as the tubing, electrical housing, thermostat, and safety valves. During this operation, they'll also re-pressurise the unit's air to stabilise the expansion chamber. They may do various checks while they're doing this work.
Techs may also inquire about strange occurrences with your Megaflo or hot water systems. The things you tell them will allow them to determine if any issues require their attention. Your technician will take the time to inform you of anything they discovered during the service process, what repairs are needed and how much those repairs will cost.
Who Can Service My Megaflo?
You must use a qualified technician to service your Megaflo. Only someone with the proper credentials and training can carry out this work correctly. The best way to find a qualified technician is to ask friends or family for recommendations.
What Happened If I Ignore the Service?
Your Megaflo boiler must have an annual service to maintain the warranty. If you ignore the service, you void the warranty. You may face any of the following hot water issues if you don't keep up with your maintenance responsibilities:
- When you need hot water, it isn't easy to access it.
- When the hot water is used, there isn't enough pressure to fill your sink.
- Don't let the water run out of your hot tub when you first turn it on.
- Sounds emanating from your pipes or heating system are unusual.
In some cases, you may also be putting your family at risk. A faulty boiler can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, fires, and explosions. To avoid these risks, it is best to have your boiler serviced annually.
Megaflo offers a wide range of services. It includes repairs, replacements, and installations. Megaflo also provides maintenance contracts. This allows customers to have their boilers serviced regularly. If you need a Megaflo repair or service, you can contact Megaflo directly or find a qualified heating engineer in your area.
Having your Megaflo boiler serviced regularly is important to ensure it runs efficiently and safely. Megaflo recommends that you have your Unvented cylinder serviced every 12 months by a qualified engineer. During a service, the engineer will check for any potential problems and carry out any necessary repairs. If you have any questions about Megaflo repairs or services, please feel free to comment below. Thanks for reading!